I love tacos.
You already knew that, if you’re ever spent so much as 5 minutes with me or reading my blog.
So, Costco has a new thing in their obnoxiously cold produce section: superfood salad mix. With kale, chicory, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, and chicory. Included is a packet of poppyseed dressing, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. I ignore the dressing and berries. Because I’m a snob and don’t do “kits.” There, I said it. HOWEVER, this particular blend of hearty greens makes for a fantastic (and crazy healthy) taco toppin’. And who doesn’t love roasted pumpkin seeds? Who?!
Superfood Steak Tacos
For the tacos, I used:
- 1 NY cut steak, seasoned liberally with garlic salt and black pepper, and grilled to med-rare. It’s local, it’s fresh, why not?
- 2 heaping cups of aforementioned greens
- Sprinkling of included pumpkin seeds.
- 1 Tomato, diced
- Trader Jose’s (yeah, they went there) Truly Handmade Small Tortillas
- Low Cal Broccamole (recipe below.)
- Spread broccamole on a warmed tortilla, add a few strips of steak, handful of greens, tomato, and pumpkin seeds. Fold, eat. They’re healthy – you can eat more!
recipe adapted from Pinterest
- 3 cups raw broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 1 seeded jalepeno, chopped
- 2 Tbs finely diced shallot
- 1 very small garlic clove (optional)
- Sprinkle of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Put broccoli, avocado, jalapeno, and garlic into food processor and blend until creamy smooth. Scoop into bowl and stir in shallot, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper. Squeeze of lime isn’t necessary, but is really, really good.
Now go. Eat your tacos. Slather that tortilla. Dunk those (few!) corn chips. You’ve earned it. Probably.